I discovered this thrift shop through my aunt, and all of
the items I bought are priced PHP35!
I recently just got my last monthly allowance (for school,
so it’s just for 10 months), and since it’s already my vacation, I don’t have
anything school-related stuff to spend it on. Hence, it’s all for myself!
(Food! Food!) So I decided to treat myself some new clothes, specifically
shirts. I’m not really into fashion that much, but still I like styling
clothes, even if it’s just casual.
This is just a small haul, but enjoy reading!
PS: I will also be talking about the brands, since I’m
unfamiliar with them… it’s amazing if these clothes are really branded ones!
Shop: Nearby ukay-ukay shop, located in my town’s plaza.
Brand: Meters/bonwe
Price: PHP35
Turns out this brand is actually very popular, especially in
China where it originated. Since I don’t buy clothes that often, I was not
familiar with it. Also, I hardly see this store in the malls here in the
Philippines.
Comments: This is my absolute favorite! I really liked its
style, the colors, everything about it. It feels so comfortable and the fabric
is so smooth and refreshing (? Lol, I’m trying to say presko) The ‘56’ is rubberized. It’s kinda a hanging shirt. The top
part used to be white… but when I washed it along with other clothes my aunt
got, it got orange stains. The orange towel that my aunt got is at fault!
>.< I was really sad when this happened. But I’ll try to fix it by
experimenting with Jobus (for dying clothes.)
Brand: Dumanmis
Price: PHP35
From the font of the brand, I somehow concluded that this
could be a Chinese brand. And I’m not mistaken. I actually found this exact
blouse online, in a site similar to Taobao?
Comments: I like this very much. I mainly bought this to
wear on my friend’s birthday, I think this fits the theme of the event. I
thought it’s going to be very see through, but it’s not. It’s dark enough and I
don’t feel uncomfortable (for showing much skin) in this. I don’t feel bothered
by its fabric.
Brand: Proboscis Fashion
Price: PHP35
I cannot find anything about the ‘brand.’
Comments: The fabric is so good! It’s so soft and not so
thick like the usual plain shirts that you can buy. Those usual plain shirts,
from my conclusion, do not suit me well. But with this one, the shape / style
is different so I feel good while wearing it!
Brand: 아름답다
Price: PHP35
There’s nothing about the brand either. I knew it cause the Korean
word is very common, which means ‘beautiful’ or something like that.
Comments: this one is an oversized hanging kinda shirt. The sleeves
reach until my elbows, very Korean lol. The bottom parts of the sleeves and the
shirt itself are not stitched, and I think it adds something to its style. The fabric
is thick but not too much, different from the previous black shirt. This one is
also good! Though I liked the previous clothes better.
Before I end this, here are some tips for thrifting! (all of
these are based on my own experience on thrifting at our place.)
- Check if they have new clothes. In my place (IDK about you), once the clothes are getting lesser, they will restock with new ones.
- The later, the cheaper. This might be a pro or a con. I guess you just have to bet on your luckiness. When I visited the shop, the shirts were PHP50. When I visited again the next days, they’re PHP35. And the last time I checked, they’re on PHP20. As the time passes by and the stock is now decreasing, the price decreases too. Bad thing about this is that you may not be able to have some good finds.
- Be patient! I believe that when you go thrifting, you must be ready to spend some time finding clothes. Ukay-ukay shops tend to be unorganized thus the harder your work is. So be patient and be meticulous for good ones!
- Be careful with damages. Before buying, always check for holes, cuts (?), stains and other errors. A lot of clothes in ukay-ukay have this. You could probably consider loose buttons or something cause you can just sew it, but for clothes with unrepairable damages, put them back to their rack.
That will be all! Thank you so much for reading, I hope this
post has helped you in any way!
luv, sera









1 comments
Hey! I just found your blog, and I LOVE your cute aesthetic. The electric guitar prints on the second shirt are adorable!
ReplyDelete